Thursday, December 4, 2008

Find Proof and Believe it is Possible to Lose Weight

The first place to start in changing your belief about your ability to lose weight is to begin to believe that maybe, just maybe it is possible for anyone to lose weight.

How do you get to believe that it is possible? Start by gathering proof!

I can help with that, because I am proof that it is possible. I have lost over 100 pounds...75 of those pounds in little over a year!

In September, I met through the internet a woman who has lost 130 pounds--she is proof it is possible.

In October I was at a conference and I met 2 other women who have each lost 100 pounds, so they are more proof it is possible.

And those are the people who have lost 100 pounds and more! I have personally met dozens of people who have lost 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 pounds. They are even more proof that it is possible.

Take those pieces of evidence and add your own...focus on the success stories rather than the failures. Look at the magazines that are supportive -- you know the ones with the lady on the cover who has dropped half her weight! Read blogs, go to forums and even watch shows like The Biggest Loser for more social proof that it is indeed possible.

No comments: