Friday, July 10, 2009

Weight Loss Tip: Count Blessings Not Calories

The universe loves gratitude. I've heard that so many places--from many, many

teachers including Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Abraham-Hicks, Bob Proctor and so many

more.

I have found this to be true regarding health and fitness and weight loss, too. Which leads me to this weight loss tip about counting blessings.

When I am grateful for the health I currently have it actually sets me up to

experience improved health. When I feel the gratitude in my heart that I no longer

have cravings controlling my life, that I can eat what I want and achieve and

maintain a healthy weight...that feeling is so liberating that it reinforces that I

have a "normal" relationship with food.

Start wherever you are now and be grateful for that. Be grateful for your desire for

health. Be grateful for your willingness to change. Be grateful for the potential in

your body for perfect weight.

We are so tempted to live in the future...not remembering and aknowledging where we are right now...and what we have right now. This is where we tend to come from when we count calories. Instead of enjoying and savoring where we are, we are thinking about the future outcome.

When we count calories we are being restrictive.

When we count blessings we are open to abundance.

I am so blessed to have this healthy body that moves easily and carries my spirit throughout the day. I thank God for the energy I feel in my body, for the clean air that fills my lungs and water to quench my thirst. I am grateful for my reliable feet, my strong legs and arms that enable me to accomplish so many things every day.

By being grateful for what I have now, it does not mean that I don't want more! I can always desire increased health, more endurance, strength. Part of our human nature is to want more and to be better. There is nothing wrong with that.

My gratitude reminds me that there are so many things in this world--including my body--that are miraculous and amazing...things that are to be loved and cherished...cared for and nurtured.

Gratitude then sets in motion a glorious cycle of love which then brings us more to be grateful for.

Thank you, God, for all the blessings I have in my life. And thank you, readers for your love and support.

To your health! You can achieve it. The potential is in you. Claim it with your gratitude and you will be amazed to see your weight begin to drop.

No comments: