Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weight Loss Blogs Not Created Equal

I noticed today that I have not been doing a good job of keeping my blogroll up. Truth be told, I haven't been blogging as much as in the past, so I guess that should not be a surprise.

What is a surprise is how many of the blogs are no longer active. Hmm.

Why is that a surprise?

After all, achieving weight loss success is something that most people just can't maintain...it takes work...so does blogging about it (or about any topic for that matter.)

Some of the blogs that were pretty active in the past have converted to just being a vehicle to sell this pill or that potion. In other cases the person has moved on to a different topic.

I have found a few new blogs that are active that I enjoy. Most notably, Keeping the Pounds Off--which celebrates Jane's 220 pound loss--CONGRATS Jane!

The funniest "weight loss success" blog that I found is obviously filled with content from a 'robot' as opposed to a real, live, human-type being of flesh and blood (sometimes we have more flesh than we want, but better than a bot any day when it comes to understanding food issues!) The headline for the latest post reads "County Boards are bloated and Refuse to Diet"--HA! Great title, but hardly relevant!

So thanks to the REAL people like Jane who are out there, blogging, spreading the word, getting healthy, and commenting on other REAL blogs!

1 comment:

Jane Cartelli said...

Thanks for the shout out. :-)