Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weight Loss without Dieting Tip: Say Goodnight Gracie

You may not be old enough to recognize my homage to Grace Allen...but maybe you've been up late working or watching Leno or Carson...well here's a simple tip for losing weight without dieting--GO TO BED!

I don't mean sleep all day...I mean get a good night's sleep on a regular basis.

Studies show if you short yourself on sleep you are apt to pack on the pounds.

Is it the lack of sleep that causes the extra paunch? Or is it something else?

I'm no scientist, but my theory is that we tend to eat and drink more when we stay up late. Whether we are socializing, working late or just watching old George Burns reruns on television, consuming calories can help us stay awake longer--to the detriment of our waistline.

So, get some sleep instead of snacking and you'll be effortlessly be dropping calories and losing unwanted fat.

Now there's something to have sweet dreams about!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
Your ideas on dieting are so true. Everything I have read so far, I have done as well. I have struggled with weight all my life and it is always nice to find someone to share stories with. Keep up the good work and you look awesome.
Lana

Laurie Tossy said...

Lana--
I look forward to hearing more from you as we grow this community of supportive, loving people who want to gain health!
Laurie

Dr Linda said...

Laurie:

Not only did I mention this in my blog today, but there is more back on June 1st, where I relate sleep directly weight loss. You are absolutely right on.

Dr Linda

Laurie Tossy said...

Dr Linda--

I love it when there is such serendipity! You know what they say "Great minds think alike!"