Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Said I Was Ugly

Back in high school (that was a long time ago)...long before we knew about the Law of Attraction I remember when I would say I was ugly. My best friend said she didn't think I really believed it, because she could see that I was beautiful, and if I was really ugly it would show.

Interesting...

I believe what happened is that I repeated the negative affirmations of "I am ugly" and "I am fat" so often that it was a belief which became true...I became fat and later when "fat" wasn't ugly enough, I became obese. For me, being "ugly" was a statement that I was not lovable, that people wouldn't be attracted to me...

This meant my "job" later was to change that belief. I had to become aware when I made negative affirmations in order to change that pattern.

It is easier to change our thoughts before they become ingrained--if you catch yourself saying a negative affirmation like "I am ugly" or "I am so fat" then stop yourself now. Each time we catch ourselves and stop the negative affirmation it helps break the pattern and reduces the likelihood of it manifesting.

If you affirm "I am ugly", you will be given the opportunity to live that--no matter how beautiful you are physically from birth.

Perhaps like me you will become fat. Or perhaps you will become angry or bitter...ugly on the inside. Or perhaps you will become ill or have an accident or hurt yourself.

None of these are pleasant ideas...and of course our true beauty is on the inside, but that doesn't mean that we have to be ugly on the outside just to prove a point!

Let us all live our most beautiful, healthy lives...inside and out! This takes getting our mindset in the right place so that we are using this powerful tool for health and weight loss instead of illness and weight gain.

Repeat after me: I am healthy, I am happy, I am beautiful, I am willing to change my past beliefs about my body and myself!

Take small steps every day to change your mindset and you will have success! Be gentle with yourself while doing this. None of us gained weight overnight--even though sometimes it feels like it! It took time to develop those negative patterns. The good news is that by being aware, we can change them and create new, positive patterns!

Once more with feeling! I am healthy, I am happy, I am beautiful, I am willing to change my past beliefs about my body and myself!

No comments: