Wednesday, August 5, 2009

No One Put a Gun to My Head

If we want to achieve health then we must decide to accept responsibility for our bodies, for the condition they are in right now.

Rather than blaming others--our parents, the media, friends, family, spouse, stress, our genes, our busy schedules--we must realize that the common denominator in our situations is US.

I chose to put every bit of food into my mouth. I chose to react by overeating. No one put a gun to my head and forced me to swallow! I imagine the same is true for you...you chose what, when, how much and why you ate...

I'm not trying to lay a guilt trip on anyone, or make you feel bad. It isn't about being wrong or "bad"! Accepting responsibility doesn't mean beating yourself up over it. It is done, over, finito. Feeling bad about it now won't change anything.

When we accept responsibility it is so empowering. If you are responsible for where you are now then you are responsible for where you will be. That means you have the POWER! You are IN CONTROL! You are not a victim of anyone or anything!

Remember, we have the power to change our lives! One thought at a time! One belief at a time! One bite at a time!

No comments: