Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Enjoying Exercise For Weight Loss Success

Yesterday I went to the dentist...it had been a long time since my last visit so there was a lot of catching up to do!

Of course, one of the things we talked about was my weight loss and exercising. I was asked (one of the top 10 questions I get when people learn I've lost 125lbs) "Do you exercise a lot?"

The short answer is "No"...but if you've read much of my blog you know there is a long version!

It is so important that we do something, to move more, get oxygen pumping in our bodies...but it is NOT important that we slave for hours at a gym. In fact, "slaving" is detrimental to our weight loss goals.

To have success in weight loss it is essential to do something that you enjoy and will keep with. That's one of the reasons I recommend you have a couple alternatives--to keep from getting bored. It is also why I like the "bounce and shake" program so much--it is an easy exercise that works wonders for losing weight.

My routine takes me 15-20 minutes in the morning and it is so flexible it really works for my life and schedule. This morning I did my routine while basking in the beautiful sunrise.

WOW.

I was filled with such gratitude for being able to witness that beauty. I noticed the leaves in their rainbow of colors, the birds flying against the sky...at first a silhouette and then with more detail as the light grew brighter. I watched the clouds turn golden and pink and dark as the sun moved higher in the sky.

All the while I was bouncing, shaking, moving my body and breathing in oxygen.

What a fantastic way to start the day--moving, and moved. I felt part of nature and the beauty and natural health I was witnessing this morning. I know this positive attitude or "vibe" will serve me well today. My exercise program was effortless and quite pleasurable...it was almost like when I moved my arms I was the bird flapping its wings...

Not all mornings do I get this sensation, but it is great to be open to feeling so positive while moving our bodies. Whether you are doing the bounce and shake program, walking in nature, practicing yoga or lifting weights...whatever works for you, aim for feeling positive while you do it. Know that you are improving your health, that you will realize the benefits of your routine for years to come.

And by focusing on your health--improving your health every day--you will have weight loss success, too!

To your health!

No comments: