Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weight Loss Success Tip: Enjoy Healthy Snacks

I love sharing ideas that are healthy and weight loss success tips...and sometimes a food is just too good not to share!

I want to share a snack that I love with you...it is a cracker that is very healthy, versatile, tasty and it happens to be gluten free.

In fact, I learned about it because it is gluten free. I don't have a problem with gluten but I have a friend who does. So I was looking for some crackers to have with hummus that he would be able to enjoy...and I found these gems.

The brand I found is Crunchmaster, but there may be other similar if you can't find this specific one...they are multi-grain, oven baked crackers. They are thin crispy discs...a serving is 15 crackers.

The contain brown rice meal, sesame seeds, quinoa seeds, flax seeds, amaranth seeds...very yummy. They do have soy sauce so if you can't take soybeans or fermented products you might not be able to enjoy these...

One serving has 280 mg of Omega-3 fatty acids (the good stuff) and 3 grams of protein. I enjoy them with veggies, hummus, other dips...just about anything.

Oh--on the box there is a website and phone number, so if you don't see them in a store near you, maybe they will be able to tell you where you can find them!

No comments: