Saturday, August 2, 2008

Enjoying My Walks

It has been so very hot here that being active can be quite the challenge. So we have taken to short and quick walks in the morning and evening. Gone for only perhaps 20-30 minutes each outing.

I'm pleased to recognize the pace is definitely picking up and going the same distance is getting easier.

Soon we'll have to add some distance!

An added benefit is I'm getting to know some of the people in the extended neighborhood. At least well enough to recognize and wave.

I particularly have been enjoying seeing all the beautiful flowers this summer. Gives me all sorts of ideas.

And I get a chance to talk about ideas with my walking partner. I definitely suggest having a workout buddy, even if it is just for a stroll. You can encourage each other and inspire each other to do better. Sometimes just having that other person waiting for you to go for the walk makes it that much more difficult to bail!

Don't feel that every walk has to be with a buddy--and you can certainly have more than one buddy. Keep in mind that the goal is to have fun but also to move your body!
That being said, if you can't have a conversation, a bit strained, but a conversation, then you are working too hard.

No comments: