Thursday, August 7, 2008

Time Away and Celebrating

I took a few days to escape the heat and went to the mountains. It was in the high 80s even there and in the sun that felt quite warm. Fortunately for me, a few minutes out of the sun really helped cool the body down!

I was pleasantly surprised at my healthy eating while away. Things really are working! I am changing my eating patterns!!! I had a wonderful time and shared two treats (separate days) and didn't set off any binge eating even upon my return home. I'd say that is a huge success!

Instead of wanting to be in "vacation mode" and eat only special treats, I was very happy eating my vegetables. No, I didn't feel deprived--that is the point. It felt really good to be able to eat like a "normal" person. Have a little wine, have a dessert, and not feel like I needed (or wanted) to drink the entire bottle or eat the entire store's worth of chocolate.

Took a couple nice walks, too, so the body got to move a little bit.

A very good get away--only thing that would have made it better was a bit longer time. Oh well, next time!

No comments: