Sunday, October 25, 2009

Exercises Anyone Can Do for Health and Weight Loss Success

As you know, I do not believe in being a slave to the gym. That doesn't mean that we don't have to move our bodies in order to be healthy. It does mean that we can find quick and easy solutions to exercise that help us to be fit and lose weight.

If you think that you can't stand to exercise, or that exercise has to be time-consuming, or expensive, or requires a ton of special equipment...then it is time to change your mindset about exercising. Does 15 minutes a day in the comfort of your own home sound good? It does to me...and that is what I do...what has allowed me to drop 125lbs.

I have met some wonderful folks who can help you with exercises...I do believe that variety is great...and that no one exercise is perfect for every single person. That's why I will refer to various exercises and coaches. Find the one(s) that work for you...the best exercise for weight loss is the one that you will do!

Gena Livings is an awesome personal trainer whom I have met. She has a great mindset as well as body...I was talking to Gena recently about Isometric exercises...one of the reasons I like isometrics is because anyone can do them. They require little or no equipment. You can do lots of isometrics just by using your own body. They are easy on our joints. They are also easy to adapt to your physical condition...and as you get stronger they will grow with you.

Because of this, isometrics are good if you are on a financial budget--you don't have to go to the gym or buy a lot of equipment.

Isometrics are good if you don't want to exercise in public--again, no need to go to the gym...you can do these in the privacy of your own home...even if you live in a studio apartment.

Isometrics are also great if you aren't in the best physical condition...whether it is from an injury, surgery, lack of exercise or obesity...anyone can start with isometric exercises.

Isometrics use one of my basic tenets..."start where you are"...no matter where that is! You can always get better, as long as you start!

Anyway, I was talking to Gena and I told her I was looking for a great resource on isometric exercises to share with my readers. I was so excited when Gena created a special blog post on isometric exercises. She provides info on what isometric exercises are, and she gives specific exercises for arms, legs, back, abs...your entire body. Be sure to check out Gena's blog and put her exercises into practice...you will feel yourself getting stronger! And being physically stronger is a great step for your health and weight loss success!

No comments: