Saturday, May 29, 2010

9th Strategy for Curbing Emotional Eating and Achieving Weight Loss Success

This strategy is huge...another simple strategy that if you use it, may be the biggest key to your weight loss success.

Tons (literally) of weight is put on by people because they ignore this strategy.

Strategy #9: Go to Sleep!


Don't eat to stay awake. I know I did it for years! I ate while studying to keep myself awake. I ate while watching late night television. A lot of the time I didn't even realize that I was sleepy...I actually thought I was hungry, or had the munchies.

Most of us do not need to be eating at 9, 10, 11pm or in the wee hours of the morning. Lots of studies have been done that show eating late at night is not only harmful to our weight, it disrupts our healthy sleep patterns. When our sleep is disrupted that makes our emotions more erratic. And erratic emotions lead to...you guessed it, eating!

If you find yourself reaching for a snack late at night...whether you just got in from work or a date, or you are watching tv or playing games...try going to sleep instead of eating. You'll probably feel better the next day because you slept better and you will feel better emotionally because you were in control of your eating, too!

No comments: