Sunday, September 14, 2008

Good Fats and Cholesterol

Lowering cholesterol is a great goal. Walking is definitely one component of that. Eating "good" fats regularly is another part of the equation.

Omega 3 Fatty Acids are the "good guys". I've talked about getting them in through supplementation--and the importance of having a good quality supplement.

I was reading another blog that offered some tips on other ways to get Omega 3 that included an eye opener for me. I knew flax seed was good and I thought getting it ground would be great--and so convenient.

I read Wellness Tips from Dr Linda: Getting Omega 3 in Your Diet. After reading that post I will be grinding my own when I want flax seed! Okay, I'll get real...I'll just continue to eat my balanced diet and take a really good supplement!

No comments: