Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Walking for Weight Loss Part I

Walking is one of the best exercises we can do. I'll talk about a few of my favorite ways to get my exercising in by walking--it can be as simple as a stroll around the block or it can be more involved.

My favorite thing about walking is that I can walk with one or more friends. We can actually have a conversation--it may involve a little heavy breathing (no, not that kind!) but if we can't talk at all, we know we are working it too hard. If we can chatter effortlessly, that's our cue to take it up a notch.

I have a favorite walking buddy and we are good at helping monitoring our pace and conversation. I know other people like to walk with a large group--I prefer that only for special events rather than my daily walk. With only one other person there isn't a lot of time spent coordinating schedules or waiting. We just put on our shoes and go!

Come back tomorrow and I'll talk about some special walks!

No comments: