Monday, July 27, 2009

Weight Loss Tip: Focus on the Positive

How many times do we find fault with ourselves? We're too fat, our hips are too big, our belly sticks out, we're out of shape, we eat too much...

Instead of finding fault with ourselves, if we really want to achieve health, we want to turn our focus on the positive.

So, think about what is working in your life? What is good about your body? What blessings do you have that you can express gratitude for freely?

I could choose to bemoan that my build is such that I will never be a beauty queen (I'm too short, or my bones are too big, or, the list could go on) or I can choose to be grateful that I have good strong bones and muscles that carry me through life easily!

It is all about choice and how you want to look at it...so why not choose an attitude that is supportive and positive? Not only will you feel better, you will be more fun to be around AND you will find that you start to lose weight as you are more positive and loving about your body!

I love that my taste buds let me experience a variety of flavors, I am grateful that I have a strong body, I am thrilled with the progress I have made in achieving health, I give thanks that my eyes see the beauty around me...

I am strong, generous, kind, loving and gifted...

How about you? What will YOU choose to focus on today?

No comments: