Thursday, August 27, 2009

New and Revolutionary Diets

I got a big smile on my face today as I read the paper...I've always enjoyed the comic strip "Hagar the Horrible" and his adventures with food and drink...

Today's strip deals with him going on a new and revolutionary diet...boy, does that sound familiar! In this case it is the "Banana Cream Pie Diet"...which brings back memories of the "ice cream diet" and a few other off-the-wall diets!

Hagar's sidekick, Lucky Eddie asks, "How long do you have to be on it?"

Hagar's response, "Until I discover it doesn't work for me...just like all the other 'New and Revolutionary' diets!"

You can get the full visual by seeing the strip...to do that, click this link It will show you today's strip...from the drop down menu select Aug 27, 2009

It is a good thing to bring a little joy into our day--teasing us about our desire to lose weight while following the often ridiculous fads--while pointing out that diets are temporary and do not work for permanent health and fitness results.

Have some fun today and remember to Refuse To Diet-- the best way to achieve long-term weight loss success!

No comments: