Friday, August 7, 2009

Weight Loss Tip: Get Gruntled

Sometimes we eat because we are bored or unhappy...or even if not unhappy, not filled with joy.

A friend of mine used to say he wasn't exactly disgruntled, but he was "far from being gruntled"...it is that feeling of gruntledness (I love making up words!) that we deserve to feed. And by feeding it, we are less apt to need to overeat.

With that in mind (in mind, body and spirit, actually!) I am heading to the Loveland Colorado sculpture shows this weekend!

I know that by feeding my spirit with great art, catching up with old friends, and meeting new artists I will be so filled with joy that I will be on an entirely different plane and I will not need to overeat.

Hey...that's not to say I won't have a food treat...I might choose to...but I won't be applying a food binge salve to my soul--cuz it won't need it!

Do things that feed your spirit and you will be less inclined to feel the urge to overeat in an attempt to fill the emptiness you feel that has nothing to do with physical hunger.

No comments: