Friday, February 19, 2010

Food was My Best Friend, Changing that Brought Weight Loss Success

For many, many years I felt like food was my best friend.

I knew I wasn't alone in this feeling...even athletes can feel this way too.

Monica Seles, the fantastic tennis player summed it up this way

For a long time, food was something I turned to as my best friend. I realized that people should be my best friends, not food.

These are wise words that we can all learn from. It isn't always easy to make the shift...but realizing it is a shift in our mindset first makes it much easier to accomplish. As long as we focus on the food as the problem we will struggle.

Start by recognizing that when we use food as a substitute for people or instead of expressing our emotions then it isn't about the food. Find people who can help you understand that if you want to have permanent weight loss success.

More wisdom from Seles:

At some point you have to say, "This is who I am: Now it's up to me to become what I want to be."

Figure out what you want to be and connect with people who can help you get there!

Seles' book, Getting a Grip: On My Body, My Mind, My Self is available in hardback now...paperback is due out in April 2010.




Get a grip on your own body...by first getting into the right mindset for weight loss...

No comments: