Saturday, February 27, 2010

General Affirmations for Weight Loss Success

There are lots of affirmations for weight loss...and yesterday I mentioned that affirmations are a great place to start changing your mindset, because it is usually our mindset that is what is keeping us from experiencing weight loss success.

I found these affirmations and wanted to share them with you...they aren't specific to weight loss...they are what Louise Hay calls "good, general" affirmations...if you practice these you are apt to find all areas of your life improving over time.

These affirmations are courtesy of Gillian Bowles, a certified teacher of Louise's Heal Your Life course--

I am worth loving
I do not have to earn love. I am loveable becasue I exist.
Others reflect the love I have for myself.

Affirmations were an integral component to my being able to drop 125 pounds without dieting. They work because they help you shift your mindset...I had to believe that I was actually capable of losing weight (I had lots of "evidence" that suggested otherwise) and I had to re-learn that I deserved healthy...I sure didn't feel I was worth it.

If you struggle with your weight, give some affirmations a try. They can't hurt...and what have you got to lose but some old negative ideas...and maybe a few extra pounds?

No comments: