Saturday, May 30, 2009

Get Comfortable in Your Skin

No it isn't me urging You to run out and join a nudist colony .... Although that could be interesting...but let's not go there...

What I'm really trying to say is to accept yourself and to strive to be the best YOU that you can be.

Not better than anyone else.

Not THE best.

YOUR best.

We deserve to Stop comparing ourselves to others. The nature of comparison is that someone comes off as worse, or not as good as the other. I know for myself, when I compare myself to someone else, it is usually just a way to put myself down! So comparisons can never lift both people up and if I usually feel worse as a result, then I think it is clear what I have to do--stop!

Instead of comparisons how about we look at ourselves and others with compassion. We may not look exactly the way we want yet, or have our perfect health yet...but we can and will get there.

And we'll get there more quickly if we love ourselves through the process rather than beating ourselves up for what we have done in the past.

No comments: