Thursday, May 21, 2009

See Yourself As You Want to Be

I'm currently reading a book written in 1954 titled "TNT The Power Within You"...it has a lot of the same teachings that I have gotten from Louise Hay, Abraham-Hicks, Bob Proctor and other fantastic teachers of the Law of Attraction.

I love the language that the author, Claude Bristol uses...he was a psychologist and former newspaperman...a very observant guy...and he teaches how we can use the power of our minds, of the subconscious to achieve anything we want.

I have been using these principles...and that is how I have lost 120lbs, so I know they work...I'd like to share some of his words with you.

See yourself as you want to be!

Look in the mirror. Size yourself up. Are you the man or woman you want to be? If not, gie yourself the suggestions that can help make you what you desire. See a mental picture of how you would like to appear to others....Superimpose this mental picture upon the actual image of yourself before you. See the changes you must bring about in yourself, as though they had already occurred! Repeat this visualization day after day,night after night.

If others criticize you or don't believe you are capable of doing what you want to do...don't accept their suggestions!...Maintain your belief in yourself! If you lose this, you lose everything. All success, big or small starts with faith in self and faith in the creative power within. You must have it, and you must retain it--to go from where you are to where you want to be!

Say to yourself: "Each day I am going to improve and eventually I will remove the faults I discover in myself. Each day I am going to attain greater control of my mind and emotions. Each day I am going to overcome more of my fears and worries and other destructive thoughts. Each day I am develping greater health, happiness and prosperity. Each day I am going to find finer opportunities for serving others an the doing of worthwhile things. Each day...!"


See yourself as you want to be...look in the mirror and picture yourself in the body you desire, with the health that you deserve to have...the happiness and health shining from your eyes. See yourself and feel it in your heart. Know that this works...because I have done it! And you can to!

2 comments:

Deana Martina said...

Hi Laurie,

I did leave a comment earlier today, but I don't see it.

Are you sure it works?

I'll keep it short now to test it.

You can email me if that is more convenient for you. mail@deanamartina.com

I did send you a DM on twitter about this. I like your post. I hope my earlier post is not lost.

I'll check back some other time.
Deana Martina

Laurie Tossy said...

Hi Deana--
Sorry I didn't get to this comment earlier...or to your tweet...it was a holiday weekend here in the States and I was doing other things!

I see that this comment worked, not sure why the 1st one didn't.

I am really looking forward to your comments and hearing about your success on your health journey!