Monday, May 18, 2009

Summary: Improve Your Body Image

Over the last 7 days I wrote based on an article by Catherine Cardinal Ph.D., 7 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Body Image & Self Esteem

I was pleased to read someone who is a trained Ph.D. coach / hypnotherapist agree with many of my findings...although I'm not dependent upon having anyone else's approval, it is nice to know that I'm not alone in my thinking!

My thoughts are based on my personal experiences and observations over the course of my 50 some years. As I have struggled with self-esteem, body image and my body size...I became pretty aware that something was not working. Even though I was following "the rules" I wasn't getting the results that were promised. That's when I knew there was something more to it...

Now I know that the mind is the biggest component to successful weight loss. It is way more important to focus our attention and energy on what is going on inside our minds than what we are placing in our mouths. When we focus on our minds we will then automatically begin to adjust our eating and exercise habits! And it will be painless!

I would love to hear your comments on this idea and of course on Dr. Cardinal's article.

In the meantime, be positive. Know that you are beautiful. Be grateful for your health. Become part of a community that supports one another. Take time for yourself. Appreciate what is going right in your life.

And remember to breathe!

No comments: