Friday, April 3, 2009

Confessions of a Reluctant Exerciser

It is a wet snowy, rainy morning.

To be honest, my hip hurts, my shoulder hurts, my back hurts and I don't really feel like working out

And I thought, I don't have to. I get to take a day off every week. I could take today off. And I almost did.

And then I said you--no, just be gentle with yourself and your workout. Do extra stretching. Walk inside since it is cold and snowy outside. Don't do some of the strenuous stuff you do a lot of days. Just some gentle walking and go for at least 15 min. Do 15 minutes and then if you want to stop, stop.

Think how much better you will feel because you have stuck to your routine of even just a little more exercising, a little more movement than doing nothing at all.

I am proud that I stuck to the word to myself. I made the commitment to better health and I am sticking with it--even when maybe I don't really feel like it. Yay me!!!

It doesn't take a lot of effort. It is the small changes and being consistent in implementing those small changes.

No comments: