Thursday, April 2, 2009

Program Your Mind to Lose Weight While You Sleep

One of the keys to help you lose weight, or make any positive changes in your life, is to program you mind to think in new ways.

Here's a tip from Mark Victor Hansen, co-author of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series of books:

Give yourself "thought commands" before you go to sleep.

Basically, this is setting your intention for the next day and making positive affirmations. Do this as you lie in bed and are drifting off to sleep.

By doing this, you are putting positive information into your subconscious (your metaphysical bank account) and giving it time to go to work on that information. You wake up having already earned interest on that account--even if you are not consciously aware of the process or result.

For example, you set the intention that you are moving forward with your health goals. State your affirmations in the present-tense, first person.

Here are some examples, pick a couple that feel good to you.
  • I desire healthy foods.
  • I love myself and take care of my body.
  • I make healthy food choices easily.
  • I move my body effortlessly throughout the day.
  • I exercise joyfully on a regular basis.
  • I am open to the possibility that I can achieve my ideal body weight.
  • I have perfect health.
  • My body burns fat efficiently.
If you find yourself negating what you are saying, keep repeating the affirmation...or try one that you can say without having any negative responses. Be sure to keep your thoughts positive as you drift to sleep.

Sweet & healthy dreams!

No comments: