Monday, October 27, 2008

Walking at the Beach

I love the ocean...it is one of the few things I really miss living in my beautiful land-locked Colorado.

Walking at the beach is one of the best things ever. I love feeling the sand underfoot and the water as it laps at my toes.

Something about walking in the surf and moving through the water and on the sand that I forget that I'm actually getting exercise!

The combination of moving and fresh air, along with the rhythmic sounds of the surf bring me such a sense of peace.

Why am I talking about all of this? Because I am realizing how important it is to really appreciate the things that bring me pleasure.

Let's face it, food was something that brought me a lot of pleasure (and a lot of pain and confusion and....) so it is critical that I have other pleasures in my life. These are things that I can do when I get a craving or an emotional pull to eat, when my intellect is saying, no I don't want to eat, but the little kid in me is not sure what else to do!

Another thing I have to face is that I have been working very, very, very hard and not recognizing or allowing myself a lot of time for pleasures. Therefore I am reminding myself that balance in life is crucial and I deserve to have fun and enjoy my life. Heck, if I don't enjoy my life then there isn't much point, is there?

No comments: