Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Don't Have Time to Exercise

This is a hectic time of the year...wait that infers that there are times when it is not hectic, doesn't it?

Well, whether you are more busy than usual at this time, or just as busy, now is the time to remember to take care of yourself. That includes exercising.

"But I don't have time to exercise" I hear the voices coming from behind my screen as I type this (and typing on the keyboard does not count as exercise!) This is when my Jumping Jack theory works perfectly!

You have time for one (as in uno, ein) jumping jack, right? Commit to doing that. There's no need for taking the time to get on fancy exercise gear for one jumping jack...just get up and do it.

Why does this work?

Because it is easy. It is possible. You know you can do it--so you do it. You are moving your body more than you would otherwise...even if it is for only one jumping jack.

And because many of you will end up doing more than one...maybe 2 or 3 or 20. You might do them all at once, or maybe one each at several different times during the day...it doesn't really matter.

So have fun...and do a jumping jack!

No comments: