Sunday, November 23, 2008

Setting the Intention for the Holidays

Once you have clarified for yourself what your goal is, it is time to set that intention. The intention is worded as an affirmation and they work best in the positive, present tense.

Rather than saying "I will not gain weight over the holidays" try something like
"I have a wonderful holiday season, enjoying the company of friends and family, and I maintain my current weight while taking pleasure in many special events and favorite holiday foods."
Notice the key points: present tense, a visual and emotional connection with things other than and including food, and a positive statement about weight. If you like that one, use it as is...or take it and modify it to better fit your personality and holiday.

You can take the same affirmation and make it for one about losing weight very easily:
"I have a wonderful holiday season, enjoying the company of friends and family, and I shed excess fat while taking pleasure in many special events and favorite holiday foods."
Another example could include other visual aides:
"What a wonderful holiday I am having! I see old friends and family. The parties are fantastic--I look and feel marvelous. I enjoy sampling great holiday treats. I make my health my priority and I am having fun, I eat in moderation and I move my body. This is a great holiday and I am giving myself the BEST present -- my improved health!"
Tomorrow's post will cover some of the plans you can make to help support your intention! So go ahead, take some time TODAY and set your intention. Then come back tomorrow!

No comments: