Saturday, November 1, 2008

Was Halloween a Trick or Treat?

We have kids in the neighborhood this year. Only a couple. So we wanted to have a little candy for them--we asked if they were going trick or treating. They said yes, so we bought one bag. One small bag.

We also asked that they come by early so we would be sure to give them their treats and then shut down for the night.

One neighborhood kid came by and (separately) a complete stranger. We were generous in our giving and we still have 1/2 a bag left. And I didn't have a single piece. Hooray! And it is the next day and I honestly don't want any. This is amazing!

So for me, Halloween was a treat. I stayed in and watched a movie. Had a quiet night. My neighbor got her candy and I got to support her in having fun. And I don't have a house full of candy.

If I lived in my old neighborhood, where there are lots of kids, I would have bought more candy and given more away...but this was really nice.

1 comment:

Dr Linda said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of your efforts to test yourself by having the candy in the house. Keep up the good work!
Dr Linda