Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Fat Burning Exercises

I've mentioned before how important it is to mix up exercising see Refuse to Diet: Walking for Weight Loss, Part 2: Variety is Key. I believe that mixing it up is crucial to prevent boredom and to affect all your muscles and not require spending hours and hours working out.

That being said, I still find that I have a routine that I get into (I don't like to call it a "rut") and sometimes I don't remember exactly why I'm doing a specific thing. That is why I like to go back to the basics from time to time.

I did that this morning. I have been following Dr. John Gray's program with great dedication for over a year now and have had FANTASTIC results. However, I have not been watching the DVD daily. I do the "bounce and shake" and follow the philosophy and achieving fat burning through my exercising, even though I was not doing exactly what was on the vid.

That's okay, but this morning I decided I wanted to watch the program and bounce along with John.

I was struck by several things.
1. It is so much easier to follow now than it was in the beginning (hurray that means I've made progress!0
2. My arms still get tired at times (if your arms get tired it is okay to adjust the motions--you want to avoid "feeling the burn")
3. I had forgotten how many of the motions are specifically designed to stimulate various hormones to assist in burning fat and balancing our chemistry!
4. The time actually went by more quickly when I was watching the DVD!

So if you haven't already gotten the Isoflex Exercises DVD and you are looking for some gentle ways to burn fat, check it out. I started this when I weighed over 250 pounds and was having lots of back, hip and knee problems, so if I can do it and have success, I know anyone can!

No comments: